+61 (0) 419 802 955
1. Clandinin MT, Chappell JE, Heim T, et al. Fatty acid utilization in perinatal de novo synthesis of tissues. Early Hum Dev. 1981;5:355–366. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
2. Innis SM. Essential fatty acid transfer and fetal development. Placenta. 2005;26:S70–S75. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
3. Denomme J, Stark KD, Holub BJ. Directly quantitated dietary (n-3) fatty acid intakes of pregnant Canadian women are lower than current dietary recommendations. J Nutr. 2005;135:206–211.
4. Szajewska H, Horvath A, Koletzko B. Effect of n-3 long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acid supplementation of women with low-risk pregnancies on pregnancy outcomes and growth measures at birth: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Am J Clin Nutr. 2006;83:1337–1344. .
5. EFSA Panel on Dietetic Products, Nutrition and Allergies (NDA) (2010). Scientific Opinion on Dietary Reference Values for fats, including saturated fatty acids, polyunsaturated fatty acids, monounsaturated fatty acids, trans fatty acids, and cholesterol. EFSA Journal 8(3):1461.
6. Birch EE, Garfield S, Castaneda Y, et al. Visual acuity and cognitive outcomes at 4 years of age in a double-blind, randomized trial of long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acid-supplemented infant formula. Early Hum Dev. 2007;83:279–284.
7. Birch EE, Castaneda YS, Wheaton DH, et al. Visual maturation of term infants fed long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acid-supplemented or control formula for 12 mo. Am J Clin Nutr. 2005;81:871–879.
8. Scientific Opinion on nutrient requirements and dietary intakes of infants and young children in the European Union1 EFSA Panel on Dietetic Products, Nutrition and Allergies (NDA). EFSA Journal 2013;11(10):3408
9. Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) and the developing central nervous system (CNS) – Implications for dietary recommendations. Biochimie. 2011 Jan;93(1):7-12
10. Interim Summary of Conclusions and Dietary Recommendations on Total Fat & Fatty Acids From the Joint FAO/WHO Expert Consultation on Fats and Fatty Acids in Human Nutrition, 10-14 November, 2008, WHO, Geneva. https://www.who.int/nutrition/topics/FFA_summary_rec_conclusion.pdf?ua=1
11. EU Register of nutrition and health claims made on foods
12. Molfino, A., Gioia, G., Rossi Fanelli,F., and Muscaritoli, M. The Role for Dietary Omega-3 Fatty Acids Supplementation in Older Adults. Nutrients. 2014 Oct; 6(10): 4058–4072.
13. N. SalemJretal, N. et al. The benefit of of docosahexaenoic acid for the adult brainin aging and dementia. Prostaglandins, Leukotrienes and Essential Fatty Acids 92(2015)15–22 17